Oral Health Advice
At City Dental Practice we aim to help you keep your teeth and gums healthy for life. We will work with you to provide you with tailor made advice to keep you smiling confidently. Below are our top ten tips to help you along the journey to dental health.
1. Brush your teeth at night and on one other occasion during the day.
2. Use a toothpaste containing at least 1350-1500ppm of fluoride to help reduce the risk of tooth decay.
3. Spit the toothpaste out rather than rinsing it out with water.
4. Brushing with either a manual or electric toothbrush is fine. It is best to use a brush with a small head and medium texture.
5. Brush for at least two minutes on both the tooth and the gum line.
6..Clean in between the teeth with either floss or interdental brushes before brushing at night to help keep gum disease under control.
7. Try and reduce the frequency and amount of sugary snacks between meals to prevent tooth decay.
8. Avoid smoking and the use of sheesha/ tobacco chewing (paan ) to reduce the risk of gum disease and protect against oral cancer.
9. If you have sensitive teeth or toothwear avoid brushing your teeth after acidic drinks and citrus fruits for at least an hour
10.If you are diabetic or have heart disease make sure you attend regularly for your check ups as there are now clear links between dental health and the stability of these conditions.